In class, ou teacher Pato gave us some questions on the “Lady in the Looling Glass”. I worked with Jero Leguizamon. Here is what we did:
1) The mirror is described as something dangerous, it is compared with leaving a cheque book open. Obviously this is dangerous because anyone can take money out of it and in this case, the mirror demonstrates how really Isabella is
2-3) The outside things are described as perfect, tranquil and with no problems. But inside, the objects, are messy, strange, obscure and violent, all disordered, with no structure.
4) The contrast is that outside everything is beautiful and perfect while in the inside everything is missing, no order. This applies with both Isabella’s aspect and herthoght and with where she lives.
5) The narrator, is only supposing, we don’t know if that is really what is inside Isabella we only know that she is rich
6) That she is rich, he has a perfect life and she receives letters from her friends.
7) The narrator uses the luxury inside the house, specially the looking glass; and the letters.
8) Isabella’s letters conceal the idea that the one who reads them, wpuld understand what is happening to her, in her inner an outer self.
9) Accordig to the narrator it is possible.
10) We believe that it depends on the person and on the things around him. You can’t be sure of what is happening to someone if he doesn’t show himself in a different way than normal. You cannot judge someone for just looking at him one time, you have to get to know him. For example, if it is the case that the narrator is the mailman, he may judge. It always happens that you see someone many times the same day of the week, you don’t know him but you start supposing what she is doing; here it is the same.
11) The mirror is used to let the reader to see the inner side of Isabella